12 October 2008

12 October 2008

Greetings Friends,

Growing up with five brothers and sisters wasn't always easy. I often used to long for some alone time - time when I could just be by myself. Gosh, I still find myself searching for time alone to ponder, to rest, to just simply be. I'm guessing most of us do the same from time to time. And yet, there's something about being around people, being part of a community that cares about and for us and nourishes us. For me, St. Thomas the Apostle is that sort of community of people. We are here for one another and offer each other what we are able as best we can. This community is strong in faith - in the belief that God deeply loves us and God is the One who ultimately provides the strength we need to be who we are and to do what we do...together!

Let's take some time to ponder what it means to be community, and rest in the knowledge that through God's love we can accomplish great things.

Peace on the Journey

No comments: